Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technologist should demonstrate leadership values and have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We depend on this individual to quickly identify and help take action to ensure we are producing top quality and safe products.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Investigate root cause of customer and consumer complaints in collaboration with the plant management team. Clearly communicate the investigation results to all stakeholders and is involved in complaint reduction projects.
- Manage the ingredients and products non-conformance system by filling out reports, following up with suppliers and/or internal stakeholders to effectively resolve and prevent the reoccurrence of the non-conformities.
- Maintains the quality and food safety documentation up to date at plant level, including product specifications and formulas.
- Monitor and follow up on compliance to our Quality System by a thorough review of all records and forms linked to product quality and food safety.
- Perform internal audits and inspections related to the food safety and quality system. Support the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits.
- Manage the master training file, ensuring all associates go through all required training in a timely manner. Provide training on quality and food safety programs.
- Plan and execute tests and controls mandated by our Quality System.
- Provide support to the plant team in continuous improvement projects, following up on corrective actions and on customer requests.
- 3 years’ experience in Food Quality Assurance, with in depth knowledge of HACCP, GFSI (BRC) and Quality Systems, preferably in the food industry.
- B.SC in Food Science or equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Must be team oriented and have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to train and motivate individuals at the bakery floor level.
- Must have a moderate to high level of computer skills, including data analysis skills and report writing of recommendation for corrective actions.