: Distribution Associate
: Langley BC
: 2:00PM - 10:00PM
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking to hire a one distribution associate for our Langley Distribution Centre. This role is for the afternoon shift on Saturday and Sunday 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
. This wage starts at $17.78 per hour.
Distribution associates are required to work in all areas of the facility; receiving, loading and checking stations.
Who are we
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Work as part of the Distribution Team, reporting to the Distribution Supervisor/Lead Hand
- Skilled in Picking, Loading and Receiving on PCDATA system
- Ensures excellent customer service through distribution accuracy and on-time delivery
- Communicate efficiently and respectfully with company associates, third party drivers, and franchisees
- Must have or be willing to obtain pallet certification (company will train)
- Ensures all required safety, health, environmental and security policies are complied with and being followed
- Requires the successful completion of Grade 12 or acceptable equivalent
- Must read, write and speak English fluently
- Mathematical skills must be accurate
- Must be able to perform or willing to learn all the various functions within the DC
- Must be physically suitable for the position
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Broad knowledge of the total product line is necessary
Distribution work is performed indoors in a warm, sanitary, and well-ventilated conditions. The distribution centre requires manual work, assisted with the occasional use of fork lifts as required.
All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment. At times, associates may be required to lift up to 40 pounds. Additionally, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.