Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet
Position Title: English muffin - Bakery Worker
Reports To: Department Supervisor/Manager on Duty
Location: Trillium Bakery
Bakery worker is an entry level role. The individual is expected to oversee the products as well as prepare them for baking, packaging and/or shipping.
- Prepare products for distributions (may include: wrapping, packaging, shipping)
- Bakery workers have to ensure that the right amount of English muffin packages is placed on a shipping tray. Thereafter, shipping trays are lifted and stacked on the top of each other by the bakery workers to make a tower of 14 trays.
- Check product quality and adjust as necessary
- Bakery workers have to ensure that the products that look out of spec are removed from the line and thrown in the waste bin.
- Clean and sanitize machinery, equipment and main processing area
- Bakery workers are responsible for: picking up waste product from the floor using the broom and other cleaning tools; emptying the waste bin by pushing it to the waste area; sanitizing the machines using sanitation tools.
- Rotation through above positions during the shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Hot and humid environment
- Noisy machinery
- Production line is highly automated. All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment.
- Employees may be required to lift up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required.
The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees might be asked to work days, afternoons or night shifts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and/or specifications as well as ability to understand directions verbally
- Have solid numerical skills
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts and weekends
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time yet remain alert and flexible
- Have the mechanical aptitude to maintain equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Be punctual, reliable and flexible
- Work safety, wear PPE and follow personal hygiene rules
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Have good health and stamina
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations Clean and sanitize machinery, equipment and main processing area
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.