Bimbo Canada (formerly known as Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 18 bakeries and employs approximately 4,660 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Reporting to the HR Manager, this position is a recruiting role and will be focused on providing support to the Operations team for Ontario. An important component of this role will be to support the recruitment of hourly associates for our manufacturing facilities during the business’ peak season.
Additional HR responsibilities will include associate file management, data integrity management and other HR growth opportunities.
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Conduct initial phone screens; setup interviews with HR team and Operational stakeholders
- Coordinate the recruitment of hourly associates, to ensure compliance with interviewing processes
- Assist with the coordination of all new hourly associate orientation sessions within Ontario
- Assist the HR team with various activities (e.g. reference checks, Backcheck and setup of Employment testing)
- Gain an understanding of various HR processes and recruitment activities to provide support and to develop improvement opportunities wherever possible
- Travel between sites will be required
- Assist with all other tasks as assigned.
- 1-2 years of recruitment experience highly desired in high volume hourly recruitment
- College or University diploma or degree in Human Resources Management preferred or equivalent
- Ability to manage high volume recruitment activities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, able to shift priorities and multi task
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and persistent with ability to work well under pressure
- Quick learner
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office suite of applications
- Required to be on site at each location periodically based on business need
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process.