Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
We are currently looking to hire a Part Time Bakery Outlet Sales Clerk
to join our Kamloops store. The hours being offered are approximately 12 - 15 hours a week.
- Services customers in the store, handling cash, merchandising, and maintaining housekeeping standards
- Works independently and must accomplish daily tasks in the store
- Responsible for inventory management, processing loads and returns
- Initiate and promote sales within the store
- Responsible for handling cash (building floats, opening and closing)
- Key holder responsibilities
- Merchandising shelves, sorting and handling trays of product
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, and Company Health & Safety Programs.
- Ensure cleanliness of facility
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers
- Provide exceptional and responsive customer service
- Must be able to work on Saturday
- All other duties as assigned
Retail outlet. Candidates must be able to work Saturday
Volume of work:
Physically demanding work environment that involves merchandising shelves
Medium. This role is physically demanding, must be able to handle weight up to 30lbs
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Holds a secondary school diploma
- Retail and merchandising skills an asset
- Excellent customer service skills and cash experience required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent organizational skills, able to plan and follow through on key priorities
- Able to perform physically demanding work, must be able to handle weight up to 30lbs
- Able to work flexible shifts as required
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com