Bimbo Canada/Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Stonemill® Vachon and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 18 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, rolls, and snacks.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, We seek to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
The Content Specialist works collaboratively with various stakeholder groups at Bimbo Canada (Canada Bread & Vachon) including Marketing, Human Resources, Information Systems, Supply Chain, Operations, and Facilities to help scale and optimize Indirect Procurement. A fast paced and dynamic role that will work closely with our stakeholders, indirect procurement team and vendors. In addition, this role will interact with Global Procurement individuals and procurement professionals in other Grupo Bimbo companies.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY & CHALLENGES:
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Overall, ensure delivery of a world class user experience of the Procure to Pay (P2P) application
- Liaise with requestors and the indirect procurement team to drive spend through preferred suppliers and drive spend through Catalogs
- Engage and collaborate cross functionally, and cross regionally to deliver best practices and accelerated results
- Support the launch of and maintenance of all buying channels, including rich content catalogs (internal and punch-out)
- Lead catalog set up and maintenance to ensure optimal rich, content; working with indirect procurement team, vendors and stakeholders
- Promote buying channel best practices within the organization and work with key stakeholders and sites on buying channel compliance
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert
- Utilize knowledge and industry data standards to enrich and optimize project content information; partner with indirect procurement team members on category specific strategies
- Review and approve catalogue updates for price and item changes and escalate to sourcing team as necessary
- Prepare analytics for business reviews (usage, trends, etc.) regarding catalog compliance
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and take on new responsibilities as the team grows and the indirect procurement team matures
- Support other special projects as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to interact with all levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to create innovative options and develop strategy
- Strong Systems skills and experience with Oracle modules an asset
- An Undergraduate degree in a post-secondary institution.
- Experience setting up and managing procurement catalogs, marketplaces and related reporting
- Strong project and change management skills
- Solid business judgment, able to anticipate impact of decisions and initiatives
- Familiarity with e-procurement and e-sourcing tools
- Bilingual (French) preferred