Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls. As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
As part of Data Management office, this position is to assist the Data Management Office in the execution of data governance framework, policy and standards. The Data Business Analyst is responsible for the execution of the Data Governance Program, with a balance of meeting business needs and maintaining best practices and standards. The individual will work closely with Governance Council members, data governance stakeholders and software development teams to maintain currency of Enterprise Data assets including but not limited to: cross-functional alignment on business terms, cataloging self-serve data sets and metadata management.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identify areas for data quality improvements and help resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensure quality of master data in key systems and develop/document processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Develop scripts and/or processes based on the MDM business rules for each data quality dimensions such as completeness, uniqueness, consistency, integrity, accuracy, and timeliness as defined for each data element.
- Work with Data owners and Stewards to define and create standard and custom data quality profiling rules and standard rules and set up for monitoring DQ on a regular frequency.
- Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of the audience.
- Possesses excellent writing and grammar skills, including the ability to write concisely, clearly, and logically
- Prioritize, multi- task and manage increasing demands
- Understands the factors influencing our business and can integrate the various competing needs to ensure success for their group. Approach problems from a business perspective
- Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively
- Facilitate and participate in day-to-day data cleansing activities
- Maintain good communication with business partners regarding master data requests
- University Degree (preferred in Business Administration or Information Management)
- 3+ years formal Data Management & Data Quality experience
- At least 3+ years’ experience in data governance, data quality management or similar role leading cross-functional governance projects demonstrating strong planning, tracking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system
- Strong cross-functional knowledge of master data usage across various functional areas (Marketing, Supply Chain, R&D, etc)
- Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Expert MS Excel User
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency, must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Quick learner and motivated team player
- Highly proficient with MS Office
- Ability to work independently and proactively